Monday, June 14, 2010

If my heart was a house

The first time I saw the house we moved into, i hated, hated, hated it.
Whenever anybody asked me about the house before we had moved in I would tell them the worst things about it- it looks like it might fall apart, its so old fashioned, the floor is yuck, the kitchen is totally 70's, it reminds me of a house from Two Hands or Underbelly.
That all stopped the day we moved in.
Sure the house still has it faults- it's always cold, the electric stove takes an hour longer to cook anything than a normal stove and the taps are leaky but i love, love, love it.
It will always be the house that was my first step into independance,the first commitment that big with a boyfriend, the first time I've had to be responsible for pets.
I'm sure there will be a lot of first times in this house- I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment